Wednesday 28 March 2012

An Upcycled Spring Wardrobe

 As always, I'm joining up with some wonderful ladies for Crafting On!

There's this thrift store just outside of town that does 5$ bags.  You get a garbage bag and fill it up!  I've never actually paid the full 5$ either!  I got all the things below for 4$!  Its like a crafter's dream!  I have big plans for that pile!  That stuff there is going to be (hopefully) the girls' spring wardrobe!  There's some stuff for Weston in there too...but I find sewing for boys much more difficult.  Anything but shorts and pants is outside my abilities...so far!


 I started out with a simple pillowcase night gown for Brooklynn.  I think it is so pretty!  I love the dainty look, its extra sweet!  The tutorial, if you are interested, comes from here.

Then I did a simple pillow case top, also for Brooklynn.  I'm going to knit a little sweater that she can wear over strapless shirts to keep her shoulders covered. 

Finally, a skirt, made out of pj pants!  I just cut strips out of the pants, sewed them together to make a big piece of fabric and sewed a basic skirt!

I'm kind of excited to see what else I can come up with.  Refashioning is king of thrilling! ;)  Stay tuned for more!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...